All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: Labelle surprised by lack of contract offer from Columbus

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Labelle surprised by lack of contract offer from Columbus

Some interesting comments up on Lindsay Kramer's blog over on blog.syracuse.com:

"I think things went pretty well last year. If they (Columbus) don't want to give me a contract after (last season), I don't think they see me in Syracuse,'' he said. "I'm thankful for everything they did for me.But for now I think I have a better opportunity going to the Islanders' camp.''

I asked Labelle if he was surprised that Columbus didn't show more interest in him after a solid rookie season.

"When I left, I didn't have the feeling I wouldn't go back. That's what makes it a shock,'' he said. "It think it's a situation with a new GM (Columbus' Scott Howson), who doesn't know me. I'm disappointed, but there's nothing I can do about it.''

Labelle did have a solid season in Syracuse last year. Quite frankly I think Labelle is bang on - I think he was pretty much lost in the shuffle in the GM change. It sounds like he'll land on his feet for the Islanders and I wish him the best of luck.

-LTL

No comments: