All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: My apologies to Malhotra

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Monday, September 14, 2009

My apologies to Malhotra

I slammed Manny Malhotra a few weeks ago for his role in this whole NHLPA mess. Although I still don't agree with him representing the Jackets I was pleasantly surprised to read that he was one of the 5 players that voted against firing Paul Kelley.

From the Hockey News:

• Of the five players on the executive committee who voted against dismissing Kelly, four of them were Chelios, Shawn Horcoff of the Edmonton Oilers, Adam Burish of Chicago Blackhawks and Manny Malhotra of the Columbus Blue Jackets. For the record, Chelios would not say which way he voted and what his feelings were on the issue. It is interesting to note, however, he did deliver the statement from the NHLPA on the firing the day after it occurred.

This entire thing is still a mess but I was dead wrong in terms of my speculating about Malhotra's role in it for which I apologize. On top of that I was dead wrong about Chelios as well.

It's good to see the players showing concern over how this thing played out. There is a lot of dirty laundry still to be aired I'm sure.

The season hasn't even started yet and I'm already eating crow.

Pass the ketchup.

-LTL

No comments: