All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: National television screws Columbus again!

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Monday, April 13, 2009

National television screws Columbus again!

Well I thought the playoffs may force the NHL/Versus to show Columbus a little respect but it seems even that isn't good enough. From NHL.com (courtesy of Kevin):

No. 2 Detroit Red Wings vs. No. 7 Columbus Blue Jackets

Thursday, April 16 7 p.m. Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN
Saturday, April 18 6 p.m. Columbus at Detroit TSN
Tuesday, April 21 7 p.m. Detroit at Columbus TSN
Thursday, April 23 7 p.m. Detroit at Columbus TSN
*Saturday, April 25 7 p.m. Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN
*Monday, April 27 TBD Detroit at Columbus TSN
*Wednesday, April 29 TBD Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN

No National TV from Nationwide on Versus. Not even the first ever home playoff game for the Jackets could get any love.

Talk about getting bent over.

My advice... use it as motivation and win the damn series to make em squirm for round 2.

-LTL

3 comments:

Chris said...

LTL,

Do you or anyone else know if FSN Ohio will televise the games Versus is not broadcasting? I thought I had heard earlier in the year that they were but now I am getting nervous...

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't grab my ankles over this. No VERSUS means that FSN can do those games, good for a lot of people who do not have the V.

Unknown said...

When I was watching "Heroes" last night there was an ad on NBC saying "the Red Wings open their Stanley Cup defense, Saturday at 1 on NBC". That shocked me because 1) there were no NBC games on the league-released schedule and 2) Game 2 is scheduled for 6, as I recall. The NBC Sports website shows Caps-Rangers, so who knows what the coverage is going to be if they can't keep their ads straight.