All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: Bring on the winged wheel!

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bring on the winged wheel!


If the Jackets wanted a big challenge well with two straight regulation losses to close out the season they've certainly positioned themselves for one.

With the Blues win today the Jackets get bumped from the 6th to 7th seed and will face the vaunted and defending Stanley Cup champs Detroit Red Wings in the first round.

I'll have more on this series later but there is one message I wanted to make loud and clear.

1. If you have tickets do NOT sell them to Red Wings fans even though we'll get the inevitable turncoats who flip jerseys.

2. I know times are tough but if you can swing it, there are lots of tickets available in "Hockey Town" for the first game of this series. You only get one chance to watch the Jackets play their first ever playoff game and now that game is only a short 3 hour drive away. I've already got mine... let's turn the tables and invade the Joe!!

-LTL

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'll be at game 1! Going to my first ever NHL game at an arena other than Nationwide! I am so pumped for this! Gah Thursday can't get here quick enough!

Patrick said...

I'll be there too. Section 218, row 23. Could care less how far away or bad the seats are, they were only $44 at the red wings ticket exchange on ticketmaster.