All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: New camp details

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Thursday, September 18, 2008

New camp details



Puck-rakers just released some new training camp details that may affect your plans for Saturday:

Blue Jackets camp opens Saturday with two on-ice sessions starting at 9:45 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. respectively.

What’s important to note is the talent will not be distributed equally. Coach Ken Hitchcock made it clear on Wednesday the NHL veterans and top prospects will be clumped in the A Group, while the organizational depth and longer-term prospects comprise the B Group.

The units will have roughly 30 players each and players from the lower group can be elevated based on performance.

If you can only make it down for one session well I think that decision was made for you today with those little bits of info.

I would also plan to get there no later than 9:30 as I'm sure the players will hit the ice for warmups and stretches and then really start hitting it hard come 9:45. Plus there is the getting your choice of seats angle always to be played.

Remember anyone who is interested in getting together after at Boston Pizza please don't hesitate to c'mon over. Unfortunatley I can only stay until 2 p.m. but that is plenty of time for some pie and a couple of cold ones!

Judging by the poll it looks like a good number of you are planning on making the trip which is great to see!

-LTL

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be in Oxford, OH during this weekend, but I might get to camp on Monday. Looks like Puck-rakers has updated the Berard story, with our buddy Bryan failing to mention that he went to L.A. to get his back worked on, not Columbus. So our doctors were NOT the problem. Is he trying to place blame on someone other than himself or is he just that big of a jackass that he needs to drag Columbus through the mud?

Skraut said...

I'll be making the trip down Saturday, and who knows, may even have something to give away at Boston's. ;)

LTL said...

Great to hear Skraut!

Yeah Max, that was just a small detail left out by the Berard camp eh? Pretty much tells you all you need to know about him.

-LTL

Anonymous said...

I'll be there Sat morning. LTL, I have a new music mix to get you even more pumped for the new season. Of course, I'll have my Peca practice jersey on.

Anonymous said...

Max: Re: Berard: both.

Anonymous said...

http://www.bostonsgourmet.com/?q=bostonsgourmet_restaurantpages_columbus

Pizza looks good!

BZArcher said...

For those of...um...impressive girth, like myself, it looks like the NHL Store online is now offering the replica jerseys in 3x and 4x, as opposed to having to buy an authentic. The Tuttle blueline didn't have any yet, but he thought they did at Nationwide. I may just buy myself one after practice if they do.

Sean said...

I'd join you guys for pizza on Saturday but I'm working brunch in my own restaurant that weekend. Hope the team looks great and I'll keep my eye out for LTL gatherings in the future.

Anonymous said...

There is a great article on Nash and NHL2K with a video interview with Nash. He mentions he always makes the playoffs in the game, but that's because of trades he pulls off. It's a very entertaining entry.
http://puckthathit.com/2008/09/18/rick-nash-admits-bluejackets-need-help-sorta/

LTL said...

Interesting Duff... reading through it though they say to take a look at a trailer "EA Sports to advertise their new game NHL 2K9" -- unfortunately EA put out NHL 09 while 2KSports put out NHL 2K9 :)

Not sure about this one.

-LTL

Anonymous said...

Good read on Zherdev's start of training camp for the Rangers. Makes you feel even better about the trade...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09192008/sports/rangers/rangers_zherdev_off_to_slow_start_129765.htm

Anonymous said...

Sorry, here's the whole link...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09192008/sports/
rangers/rangers_zherdev_off_to_slow_start_
129765.htm

Anonymous said...

Wow! After reading that article on Z I am wondering if we got a steal in Tutyn. Backman will only be here a year due to the cash vs. ablity but man do I feel good that the CBJ moved him!

LTL said...

Anonymous - I just finished reading and posting about that article about Z.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

-LTL