All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: Brule makes Crunch debut in 6-3 loss

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Brule makes Crunch debut in 6-3 loss

Just a quick post but for those that were not already aware, Gilbert Brule made his Syrcause Crunch debut last night. According to the score sheet he was held scoreless and was an even on the night. He played right wing with Derrick Brassard centering and Derek McKenzie playing on the left.


Here are a couple of quotes from Lindsay Kramer's blog:

I asked him what Columbus told him about his timetable for staying here.

"I'm going to play seven or eight games. If I play well, hopefully they'll call me up,'' he said. "If not, maybe I'll be down here longer.''

Blue Jackets Scott Howson was in line with that thinking.

"We've told Gilbert if he's playing well, he will come back and join us,'' Howson said. "But he has to be playing well, first.''

Brule seemed pretty upbeat about trying to step in and contribute right away.

"I wasn't disappointed. It will be good,'' he said. "Columbus told me they want me to work hard, get my offensive game back here. That's what I hope to do. I just have to be hungry, ready to work.''

Sounds like he's got the right attitude. I think for the first time ever the Crunch have 3 former Blue Jackets first round picks playing for them in Alexandre Picard, Gilbert Brule and Derrick Brassard. My how times have changed.
The Crunch will play again Friday against Albany. Lets see if he can get anything going offensively then.

-LTL

No comments: