All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: Qualifications

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Monday, June 29, 2009

Qualifications

Remember today is the final day teams can qualify their restricted free agents.

According to the Dispatch here are the Jackets restricted free agents:

Forwards: Alexandre Picard, Michael Blunden, Petr Pohl and John Vigilante,

Defensemen: Marc Methot, Aaron Rome, Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, Jonathan Sigalet, Jon Landry, Kyle Wharton and Trevor Hendrikx, and goaltender Dan LaCosta.


The ones I bolded are who I expect to be qualified for sure although I think Aaron Rome is actually a UFA and not an RFA.

I'll update this post once we find out what is what.

Update: Puck-rakers reports that Picard, Blunden, Methot, Sigalet and LaCosta were indeed qualified today.

OK Tollefsen's days a Jacket are over which does not come as surprise to me. I loved the way OKT competed and this dude has balls of solid rock. Alas the depth Howson has built up on the blueline, his health and inability to move the puck consistantly out of his own zone are ultimately the main reasons why the Jackets moved in a different direction.

Good luck to OKT and all the players who were not qualified today. I'm sure many will land on their feet in other organizations.

-LTL

No comments: