All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: Ohio State men's hockey releases schedule

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Friday, August 1, 2008

Ohio State men's hockey releases schedule


For those interested the Ohio State men's hockey team has released their schedule for next season.

There are some interesting games including a season home opener against the Miami Redhawks on Friday October 10th. If you recall two Jackets prospects will be suiting up for Miami this season in 2007 draft picks Will Weber and Trent Vogelhuber. Unfortunately that is also the season opener for the Jackets in Dallas.

They also play Michigan four times, two of which in Value City Arena on Feb 20th and the 21st. The 5th annual Ohio Hockey Classic will be Januray 2nd and 3rd also at Value City Arena.

Check out the full Buckeye schedule here.

The latest on hot shot Buckeye's recruit Zac Dalpe remains the same as my last report which is that he still plans on attending OSU and playing for the Buckeyes.

The Hockey News ranked NHL logos. The Jackets came it at #24 and here is what they had to say:

A marked improvement from the original ‘cribbage board’ design.

Perhaps its the home in me but in terms of just logos surely the Jackets look is better than Atlanta, Nashville, Colorado, Florida and Vancouver all of which are ranked ahead of them. I think its a classic case of out of sight out of mind -- lets get that baby showcased in the playoffs!

Hard to argue with the 'hawks at #1 -- that is a timeless logo.

According to the Syracuse crunch blog Geoff Platt will head overseas to Finland to play this year:

"By no means is it conventional what I'm doing,'' Platt said. "You don't see guys my age going over. I thought I achieved what I could in the AHL. Another season in the American League was too much. The AHL was getting stale. I needed a new challenge. I think whether I came back and scored 30 or 40 goals next year, it wouldn't have changed their mind toward me.''

Kramer makes a real good point. With Platt heading overseas it sure does swing that trade that sent Aaron Rome and Clay Wilson to Jackets/Syracuse in their favor don't you think?

This is kind of a cool link. NHL.com has a list of every NHL team with links to 1. Top Prospects Story 2. Noteworthy Offseason Moves 3. Related Links. Check it out here.

According to BlueJackets.nhl.com both Tom Sestito and Derek Dorsett will be at the Columbus Zoo to sign autographs on August 6th from 6-7. I know these two have been in town for the summer working and have really done a good job of getting out in the community. I also expect both to see time on the big team next year with Dorsett being my darkhorse to make the team outta camp.

-LTL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if CBJ will let the Ohio State Buckeys play them would be a good game.And for the logos can"t believe Atlanta"s logo went that high in the rankings,it sucks.

Anonymous said...

I meant the wilds logo sucks

Anonymous said...

I agree re: logo. The jackets logo is right near the top. I really like the Sharks logo and not a big fan of the Hawks although everyone seems to think it is the best.

LOVE Dorsett and I am cheering for him big time to make the team. That kids got that somethin' somethin'.

Sean said...

I don't know if it is blasphemy to say this or not, but I love the Ottawa Senator's current logo. I'm not sure why so many people dislike the 3-d effect, but I really appreciate that he looks like such a pompous, chiseled, a-hole. Just like a true Roman Senator. Maybe its because I took so much Latin in college....

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the soph's mature and see what kind of talent the Freshmen are bringing to the team. Any ideas on how they will fai r this year?