All-Blogs.net directory Light the Lamp - a Columbus Blue Jackets blog: Too early

Countdown to Rick Nash's contract expiration:

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Too early

As I'm sure most of you have heard by now 19 year old Ryan Salmons has passed away from cancer.

My first thought was why... why does a young man like Ryan get taken away from this world at such an early age?

It just isn't fair.

Of course nobody knows the answer to that question.

I would like to thank the Blue Jackets and the Salmons family for opening up their story to the fans. They formed a special bond and showed what the power of sports can really accomplish.

His story truly was an inspiration to us all and I know there are many more out there who fight this fight each and every day.

Rest in peace Ryan. It was truly our pleasure to get to know such a bright and brave young man.


-LTL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too damn early for this kid. But he will be remembered. I know Chimera and Malhotra both had deep friendships with the kid.

Ryan's outlook was amazing considering the situation he was in. Ryan's family should be proud. I'm glad Ryan can finally rest now.